As we come to the tail end of the year, it’s that time again to stop and reflect and this year is no different despite being a roller coaster ‘VUCA’ year. To help us in the process, I have put together 7 strategic questions that we can ask ourselves as leaders, which will help us reflect 2020 and plan for 2021. Here we go;
- What worked in 2020? Yes you heard me right, what are some successful pivots that worked in terms of product or service? It’s ok if it’s a small tweak but it’s good to keep stock of what worked!
- What would you have done different if you could go back in time to January 2020? This helps with the visioning process of 2021
- What are some good and bad strategic decisions that you have made? What led you to them? Reflect.
- What new values do you need introduce in order to pivot the culture? For example flexibility, agility, positivity, etc.
- What resources do you need or must have for 2021? How can you be resourceful? Who can you collaborate with in order to get these resources?
- What can you do to create certainty for 2021? That’s right because 2020 has created enough volatility and change so some form of certainty will help with performance.
- Lastly, What’s your fresh vision for 2021! It could be a dream or a goal. If not start dreaming again. Seek sources of inspiration and insights!
With that, may you have many breakthroughs in 2021! May you be Bigger, Better and more Blue Ocean!
Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas !